Oslo Tropical Forest Forum 2018, 27-28 June, Oslo
This session follows from a preparatory workshop organized jointly by Norway’s International Climate and Forest Initiative and NBFN last autumn.
In his introduction, Minister of Environment and Climate, Ola Elvestuen referred to NBFN:
“In my former capacity [as chair of the Committee on Energy and Environment of the Parliament] I was happy to start up our own [Norwegian] Blue Forest Network”
Parallel 3B: High carbon stock ecosystems: Incorporating mangroves and peatlands into REDD+ strategies
To highlight the importance of the climate and other ecosystem services provided by wetland forests, and discuss how to increase attention to these relatively small and underappreciated areas in national and jurisdictional REDD+ strategies.
Moderator: Tim Christophersen, Coordinator, Freshwater, Land and Climate Branch, UN Environment
• HE Arlette Soudan-Nonault, Minister of Environment and Tourism, Republic of Congo
• HE Ola Elvestuen, Minister of Climate and Environment, Norway
• Catherine Lovelock, Professor, The University of Queensland
• Daniel Murdiyarso, Principal Scientist, Center for International Forestry Research
• Nazir Foead, Head of the Agency, BRG RI (Indonesia Peatland Restoration Agency)